Why is it essential to your health & wellbeing?
I admit it! If you were to watch me walk up and down the supermarket aisles you might think I’m a little nuts! Who else talks to cans or containers?? Putting them back in a huff and muttering “this is some bullshit” to yourself. Or “WTF is this nonsense?!” I am very aware of the chemical laden (read – TOXIC) additives in anything and everything from ketchup to a package of hard boiled eggs! I personally don’t understand why a small package of hard-boiled eggs needs an additive that is made from mold! Maybe you do. IDK What I do know is mold is toxic. & I do not want to be eating anything even remotely related to mold.
There’s a lot of information and misinformation out there. If you listen to the FDA they will say these chemical additives are “safe”. But they also think it’s safe for your cereals or meats to contain a small percentage of rat feces so I’m not inclined to take their word as gospel. Additionally, if all these additives are “safe” why are so many people suffering from all kinds of illnesses?? Cancer rates are at all time highs. The rates of heart disease, diabetes, obesity (and on and on) are increasing. We are not a healthy, energetic and vibrant population.
Here is why it matters: Your body was not made in a lab.
So why would we think that our bodies would know what to do with chemicals and/or “food-like” substances created in a laboratory??
Want to know where these toxins, that are unidentifiable to your body, get stored?? In your fat cells. Just look up what scientists have found in breast tissue removed from cancer patients. Traces of pesticides, toxic ingredients from your deodorants, flame retardants, etc. These same chemicals can be found in other fat cells (sorry guys, you’re not off the hook!).
This is why I encourage my clients to be mindful of everything they put into, or on, their bodies. Your skin is the largest organ in the human body! And while it is true that we will always be exposed to some chemical or other, the goals are:
- Limiting our exposure to chemicals, and
- Nourishing our bodies with foods and nutrients that will aid our bodies in detoxifying
This will serve to reduce brain fog, increase your energy levels and maintain a healthy weight.
My Top 3 Detoxifiers
- Dark. Leafy. Greens. & Cruciferous Vegetables – Lots and lots of them! Actually, just ½ your plate for lunch and dinner. Sauteed (in avocado oil or ghee) or lightly steamed.
- Chlorella – is a single-celled algae that contains a large amount of chlorophyll. It is rich in vitamins, amino acids, minerals, essential fatty acids and many other beneficial nutrients. Some of the benefits are relieving inflammation, supporting the immune system, and detoxifying the body.
- Turmeric – is a root that is a powerful antioxidant that has been used in Ayurveda for millennia. It is a powerful anti-inflammatory agent with anti-viral, anti-bacterial and a host of other beneficial properties.
Nourishing Turmeric Latte
12 oz coconut milk
¾ tsp organic turmeric powder
½ tsp organic ginger powder
Pinch organic black pepper
Pinch, organic nutmeg powder
Splash, organic vanilla extract
1 Tbsp raw, organic honey
In a small pot, add coconut milk, vanilla extract and powder herbs. Heat slowly, but do not bring to boil. Stir in the honey and serve.